Did you know that all New York City based businesses are required by law to recycle? If you operate a store, restaurant, office, or any other business that is serviced by a private carting company such as Gaete Green Environmental Services, you must recycle.
What should a business be recycling?
All New York City based business that are served by a private sanitation or carting company such as Gaete Green Environmental Services should be recycling the following metal and plastic items:
- metal containers (soup, pet food, empty aerosol cans, empty paint cans, etc.)
- aluminum foil and foil products (wrap and trays)
- metal bulk waste (furniture, cabinets, etc.)
- glass containers (bottles and jars)
- plastic bottles, jugs, jars
- rigid plastic caps, lids, and wares
- rigid plastic food and non-food containers
- bulk rigid plastic (furniture, cabinets, etc.)
When it comes to paper waste, a business should recycle the following items:
- phone books,
- high-grade office paper
- corrugated cardboard boxes (flattened and tied)
Businesses in New York City who fail to comply with this law will be fined $100 for their first offense, $200 for their 2nd offense, and $400 fo their 3rd offense.
Don’t be a business in Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, or the Bronx that gets fined for not following the New York City recycling laws. Contact Gaete Green Environmental Services to establish a private sanitation and carting collection service.
Want to know more about the New York City recycling laws for small business owners? Click on the link below to visit the official DSNY website outlining the laws that require all NYC business law to recycle?